Stone Harbor Hospitality - Host an Artist!
Every year, the Stone Harbor Arts & Crafts Festival, attracts some of the country’s most talented and amazing artisans. However, participating in a show can be costly for them.
So with our artisans in mind, we are hoping Stone Harbor property owners consider opening their doors to hospitality! Hosting an artist (or two!) is an excellent way to help alleviate some of the costs of participating in The Festival, as well as make new friends!
The Festival will be held on Saturday, August 1st and Sunday, August 2nd. Artisans will be traveling at any point during the week/weekend, however they must be setup no later than Saturday, Aug 1st morning.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
To volunteer as an Artist Host for the 53rd Annual Stone Harbor Arts & Crafts Festival, simply follow these steps:
1. Review our tips below regarding filling out your host form and making a connection
2. Fill out and submit the Host an Artist Form. Please note that the deadline to sign up is Wednesday, April 29th
3. Once your form is submitted, we will share with you a spreadsheet of artists seeking hosts for your review and vice versa. Please note that while you may choose to seek out an artist on your own, it is the artist’s obligation to initiate making a connection with a host.
4. Once you work out a successful connection, let us know! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this email, please let us know if you plan to make additional matches or if you are ready to have your name removed from the list of available hosts.
TIPS FOR CONSIDERATION
See our tips below on what to consider while filling out your host form. Understanding your expectations about hosting will help you know what to look for!
· How many people are you comfortably able to host?
· What days are you available to host an artist?
· Do you have pets or children?
· Do you have a preference on gender or age of your visiting artist?
· Is your home a smoking or nonsmoking home?
· Are you hoping to share meals and get to know your visiting artist better? Are you willing to share cooking space?
· Do you have a computer you would be willing to share or have available for your visiting artist? Does your home have Wi-Fi?
· Are you comfortable giving your visitor a key to your home?
· Are you comfortable with your visitor being at your home while you are out?
· Are you able to provide transportation for your visiting artist?
· Once a connection has been made, it is best to immediately address any concerns. It is okay to say no if you feel the connection is not going to work – it is better to seek another match than to put yourself or an artist in an uncomfortable position.
· Take a look at the artist’s website or FaceBook page! The more you know about the artist, the better the experience will be.
Questions? Please direct them to email@example.com
Ready to help an artist? Fill out our Host an Artist Form
We have exciting new features added to The Festival, so stay tuned for details by subscribing to Stone Harbor announcements here!